Telephone: 03 218 6882
- We are establishing a gallery in The Pod which will be available for exhibitions of all kinds of art, from as many different groups as possible.
- Create a stimulating and creative hub in south Invercargill that strengthens residents’ connection to their community
- Encourage local emerging and established artists by providing a venue to exhibit, perform and display their work
- Provide the south Invercargill community (and beyond) with a space promoting local artistic and cultural activities as well as other activities as space and time allows
What we have done to date
- The group first fitted out a gallery / arts space in an empty shop on Elles Road, where they held six art classes for adults, five for children and five art exhibitions before shifting to the shop opposite the South Alive office. The gallery is now part of The Pod.
Current volunteer opportunities for the Arts Team
You don't need to be an artist or crafter. People interested in the arts, people who are good organisers, or who just want to lend a hand are welcome.
- Join our action team
- Attend meetings – about once every two weeks when planning an exhibition and then once a month. Meetings usually in the evenings starting at 5.30pm on a night to suit.
- Advertising and promotion. Marketing and social media skills.
- Planning and implementing a plan to advertise and promote the Artspace.
- Working bees.
- Opening nights assistance
- Helping to meet and greet, serve food and drinks
- Making labels and signage, catalogue assistance
- Dealing with inquiries, making sure people get information, arranging sales
- Exhibition assistance.
- Helping to take down and pack up an exhibition, clean space, and help to put up next exhibition